Friday, December 4, 2009

A new path!

Finally, after some aggressive networking and head-scratching, I was offered a job at a very reputable digital agency here in Atlanta. Very excited and could not sleep for a few days. Of course with this great opportunity, there is a TON of thank you's that need to go out to family, friends, and colleagues - for none of this would not have happened without people's help. And I came to realize that it is ok to ask for help especially when you are down in the dumps. I think this is a blessing as well as this could not have come at a better time.

I will be starting as Account Supervisor for Razorfish here in Atlanta (www.razorfish.com) on 12/7. Interestingly enough, I started networking with this company back before I was laid off and I think things just came together perfectly. So there is some sense of pride and self-appreciation on my part in knowing that I stuck to my guns and stayed focused even in times of frustration and low esteem. Many of my friends were out of work for some time - and some are still searching...so I feel very lucky.

No comments: